Monday, November 11, 2013

Let's get crafty


Wow!  It's been a crazy last few days!  My girlfriend Holly, from high school and college was in town for a long weekend and we had a blast!!!  Dinners and shopping and hanging with the kids.  It was great to catch up as she lives in Denver so we only get together once a year or so.  So much fun-but I am playing catch up around the house now that she has gone.  

We are also getting our first snowflakes today as I look outside.  I'm not a huge fan of the white stuff unless it's winter and it sticks around for outdoor fun but never the less it is here and the kids are extremely excited to see it coming down.  
As we prepare for the winter months, one of the things I look forward to is saving some of the herbs from our herb garden.  I thought this year I would use all of the rosemary for a wreath that we can hang in our mudroom-right off the kitchen.  What a great way to preserve a little bit of summer for the upcoming holidays.  So festive and wonderful smelling!
I went to Michael's to grab a few supplies I used for the wreath:

First, trim a bunch of rosemary from your outside plant.  Our winters are very harsh so it does not survive outdoors.  This is a great way to use it before it dies during the winter. 
With the floral wire begin to place the rosemary sprigs around the wire frame making sure it is all facing the same direction.  Cut small pieces of wire to secure each sprig to the form.


This is what your wreath will look like after you have attached about 1/2 of the rosemary.
Continue to fill in the gaps until the rosemary is all secured to your wreath frame.
Add a beautiful ribbon to top it off and you are set with an beautiful seasonal wreath.

 The finished wreath.  I love the fact that we can enjoy this in the weeks and months to come.
Super easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code

<