Thursday, May 29, 2014

Classic Mojito

I'm sorry I've been MIA for several days.  We've been so busy in the evenings with the kids baseball and softball games that by the time we get home, eat a late dinner, bathe the kids and get them to bed I sit down and I'm too tired to compute!-Ha 
I can't believe it's already Thursday!-Wow, I'm behind. I'll try to make it up by starting the weekend a day early with this Thirsty Thursday recipe.  I think the nice weather we've been having calls for a classic mojito to kick off summer!  This recipe reminds me of my favorite Tommy Bahama cocktail.  Makes me think of a tropical paradise.
It's best to use fresh ingredients. Fresh is best!!






Classic Mojito
1 lime-juice to taste
1/4 cup simple syrup
bunch of fresh mint leaves
1-2 ounces favorite white rum
club soda or for extra sweet, Sprite
crushed ice

Simple Syrup:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
Combine equal parts sugar and water and boil in small saucepan until sugar is dissolved.

Directions:
In a tall glass combine lime juice, simple syrup, and a bunch of mint leaves.  Muddle the leaves until bruised.   Fill the glass with ice and pour in rum.  Top off with the club soda or Sprite for extra sweetness. Garnish with a lime wedge.




It's time to kick back and enjoy this fresh taste of summer. -If only I can stay awake long enough to enjoy it!-Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code

<