Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Longer Lasting Blooms


Tis' the season for gorgeous blooms as well as my strong desire to hold onto each freshly cut bouquet.  It's so wonderful to bring a little outside in. A fresh bouquet brightens up any room and just makes me feel great!  My husby and kids gave me this tulip bouquet for Mother's Day-love them!!  I really try my best to extend the life of my flowers with some very simple tips.  
  • Always use room temperature water.
  • Cut the stems at an angle which creates a greater surface area for the water to enter the stem.
  • Keep leaves out of the water-leaves left on the bottom of the stems will begin to rot and contaminate the water.
  • Change the water every day.
  • Keep the blooms out of direct sunlight.
  • ***** Secret Tip:  If possible refrigerate bouquet at night.
  • Use flower food that often comes with the flowers.





  Hope you enjoy your fresh blooms a little longer!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code

<