Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thirsty Thursday-Watermelon Cocktail



How is it even possible that it's already Thursday!?!  How come the summer weeks go flying by and the winter seems never ending??  Anyway, weekend BBQ planning is in full swing and I'm finding myself feeling a bit of motherly guilt.  Except for a trip to the library, a quick trip to the pool, and outings for ice cream-we have been so busy running errands, cleaning the house, preparing the yard that kids summer fun has been minimal this week.  Hoping to make it up to them after Saturday!  
Today is Thirsty Thursday and I'm whipping up this cool watermelon tequila cocktail!  We all deserve a break and I'm sure it's 5 o'clock someplace??!!




Watermelon Cocktail 

  1. 8 cups diced seedless watermelon (1 pound)
  2. 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  3. 1 can of Sprite*special ingredient, use instead of simple syrup
  4.  Fresh mint leaves for garnish
  5. 1 1/4 cups silver tequila
  6. Ice
  7. In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the watermelon juice, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the pulp.
  8. In a large pitcher, combine the Sprite with the lime juice.  Add the watermelon juice and tequila. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
  9. Pour the cocktail into tall ice-filled glasses. Garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.


Hope you will enjoy this summer-y drink!  I plan to enjoy mine as I check out the Nordstrom Anniversary Preview Sale online tonight.  It's my favorite yearly sale.  I love to pick out the kids shoes for back to school!  I will find my faves and share them with you tomorrow.  
Happy Thirsty Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code

<